Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time is Not on my Side

I don't know about everyone else, but I just can't seem to get enough time to spend on my modelling. And it doesn't help that some of the tasks are very time consuming...like spiking rail to sleepers. I try to spend an hour and a half each weekday night with the occasional day on the weekend in the garage so I'd be interested to see what everyone else does.
I've finished spiking the rail on the approaches to Hilltop plus all of the sidings and built myself a catch point for the refuge on the down side of the mainline. I've run out of sleepers at the moment so I'll have to wait for Mr Postman to deliver my order from Model Railroad Craftsman 
Elscotto came round during the weekend and dropped off a 60ft Sellers turntable he'd put together for Picton, thanks mate. Elscotto also pointed out that the down refuge I mentioned before, was actually level, while the mainline dropped down the hill beside it so it's actually on the top of the cutting. Luckily Elscotto spotted it otherwise stupid me would have built it all on the level. So, I'll now have to raise the level of Hill Top to give me the ability to drop the mainline alongside the refuge rather than dropping the grade at the end of the refuge as I'd originally planned.
That's it for this week so I'm not going to speculate on what I think I'll be doing as I've noticed that every time I say I'm going to do something, I never get around to doing it.
If I make some progress this week, I'll put some photo's up otherwise I'll wait until I've got something to show.

2 comments:

  1. hello,

    time is not always on our side, the track laying is not to be the most thankless work. by cons once you begin the decoration of the network I think it goes faster ... sometimes it is good to do something else. modified rolling stock dirt car and then resume business more energy ...

    It's a bit what I've seen for two years now.

    good job!and i will lool to the new picrures !!!

    greetings

    pascal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Pascal, trackwork can be very tedious indeed but hopefully, worth all the effort in the end. Once it's done, I can move back to rollingstock and maybe some scenery. As soon as I have something to posot I'll put some photo's up.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete